This is not a list of recommended authors’ services, just services offered by writers who have a book listed on the Awesome Indies, or have recommended these services to us. Apart from AIA Editing, we have not tested these services and suggest that, when choosing, you check an editor’s qualifications, books they have edited or written, and author recommendations.
Manuscript Appraisals, Editing & Proofreading Services
- AIA Editing: affordable, independent author editing is dedicated to helping authors achieve the standards required for Awesome Indies approval no matter what their budget. AIA offers budget-priced manuscript appraisals and a full editing service.
- Clive S Johnson: Editing & proofreading tailored to your personal needs.
- Cynthia Shepp Editing: Re-edits, Proofreading, Detailed Copy Editing. www.cynthiashepp.com
- Harmony Kent: Copy Editing, Proof Reading, MS appraisal and Beta Reading.
- Jen Blood: Proofreading, copy editing, beta reading, novel evaluation, and marketing analysis from former Random House editor and current bestselling author. Reasonable rates, fast turnaround, unbeatable results. Visit http://jenblood.net/services/ for services, rates, and client testimonials.
- Kate Policani:Beta reading
- Kevin Berry: For effective proofreading and/or copy-editing of Indie books at reasonable rates, please see kevinberrybooks.com and click on ‘Editing Services’.
- Pavarti Tyler: content editing and story doctoring. www.PavartiKTyler.com
- Rebecca Keyes: Copy editing & proofreading.
- Tahlia Newland: Tahlia is the primary line editor and manuscript appraiser for AIA Editing.
- Underground Book Reviews Indie Services list.
AIA Publishing: Do you want to retain control of your book, but you don’t want the hassle of publishing it yourself? Do you want to make sure that your book is top quality? Do you have limited funds and don’t want to fall prey to the sharks that infest the indie publishing world? If so, consider AIA (Awesome Independent Authors’) Publishing. We are a selective, author-funded publisher dedicated to providing a budget friendly quality service for authors whose books pass our submission process. We are also an Awesome Indies approved publisher. All our books meet Awesome Indies standards.
- Kate Policani: Formatting services.
- Raqoon Design: Kindle and epub formatting using HTML for precise control of ebook display. Paperback interior formatting at $1/page.
- Velvet Wings Design: qualified graphic designer creates affordable covers for ebook and print on demand.
- Brent Meske‘s Astonishingly Cheap and Incredible Cover Designs!
- Bey Deckard: Affordable cover designs for great books
- Raqoon Design: We will prepare files for upload to CreateSpace or Lightning Source from your ebook cover for $50. (Not a design service)
Author Coaching & Consultation
E.L. Farris A #1 Amazon bestselling author with 3 published books. She has received the AIA Seal of Excellence Award for Ripple, A Tale of Hope and Redemption. She received her honors degree from the University of Maryland and her J.D. from the College of William and Mary. An ex-lawyer, she is now a full-time author, writing coach, social media consultant, and developmental editor. She is also the co-founder of Bad Doggy Productions. To talk with El, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beth Barany As a Master NLP Practitioner and Certified Creativity Coach, Beth has helped authors get their books written, edited and published for over 13 years, as well as guided them in effectively marketing and selling their work. 5 of her clients’ books have been best-sellers. Beth has received the AIA Seal of Excellence for her award-winning young adult adventure fantasy, Henrietta The Dragon Slayer (Book 1). To contact Beth Barany, go here:http://bethbarany.com/contact.html.
Internet Marketing and Website Design Services
Brian Sfinas: Creates Websites and gives guidance on how to fully use the worldwide web to promote your work. Services include:
- SEO setup (Search Engine Optimization – make sure Google finds you and for the right stuff)
- Analytics/Marketing Campaign Management
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.) implementation
- Link Generation (Get other websites to link to you, increase your traffic)
- Website design.
Contact Brian for appraisal. All quotes on a sliding scale based on author requirements. AI Subscribers will receive a reduced cost based on initial assessment.