Party day 3: Wander our website with a fun quiz

aia_header_party3

I hope you’re enjoying the Awesome Indies Grand Opening party! Today we have an easy, fun quiz for you to enjoy!  By the time you’ve finished you’ll be laughing out loud and you’ll know your way around our website. Don’t forget to leave a comment to be in the raffle to win a Kindle Paperwhite on Sunday, and don’t miss out on our huge 99c sale.

To see all the on sale books with text links to the UK Kindle store and image links to the US Kindle store click on the button below.

aia_button

While you’re here, take a look at the other books we have on offer. All of them have been evaluated by a publishing industry professional and deemed to be of the same standard of quality as books released by mainstream publishing houses. You don’t have to wonder if they’re well written or not, your next favorite novel is here just waiting for you!

Also –  join our community of discerning readers and writers. Subscribe to the blog to stay up to date with weekly deals and new additions, and/or  join the AIA Readers’ Club to make sure you don’t miss out on big news and special promotions.  If you’d like to help out by joining our reviewer or reader evaluation team, please read this post about who we’re looking for – you might be just the person we need.

How well do you know the Awesome Indies website?

This quiz was written for your entertainment by the fabulous Laurie Boris, author of The Joke’s on Me, Drawing Breath, and Don’t Tell Anyone.  You can find her books on our contemporary fiction page. Now, where is that? Take the quiz to help you find your way around.

What did you think of the quiz?

If you liked Laurie’s quiz, you might like her book.

Drawing BreathLaurie Boris. Private lessons bring sixteen-year-old Caitlin deeper into the life of her art teacher, a man with cystic fibrosis. Attempting to protect him, though, she makes one very bad decision. SmashwordsB&N. Kobo.

Don’t forget to share the fun around!

22 comments… add one

• Mary Wood August 23, 2013, 12:40 am

Excellent, well done, Laurie, your answers made me laugh, very witty. So proud to get every question right, ha ha…Good luck with your books, much love x

• p.d.r. lindsay-salmon August 23, 2013, 2:18 am

I’ve been emailing and tweeting all my pals with details of the book sale. They are enjoying the fun, particularly the quiz. Thank you, Laurie. Good PR work, Tahlia and a nice light hearted approach.

• Tahlia Newland August 23, 2013, 2:23 am

We did it as a family and had lots of fun. Hubby pointed out that AI means artificial intelligence – unless you’re in the know about the Awesome Indies, of course. I love the ‘none of the below’ answer.

• Jelly-Side Up August 23, 2013, 3:01 am

Cute quiz! Good luck with the opening! :)

• Harmony Kent August 23, 2013, 4:28 am

Loved the quiz … the alternative answers were hilarious! Thanks guys! I particularly liked the where do you go if you click the links answers!

• Eve Littlepage August 23, 2013, 6:23 am

Alas for us poor Indie Memoirists, this is yet another Indie site that promotes only fiction. ;-( So my true life story and I will have to find another sandbox to play in. I support Indie Authors in all genres, but it’s hard for me to get too excited about a site that I am specifically excluded from. Let me know if you change your policy to include Creative Non-Fiction. :-) And Best of Luck with your new venture! – Eve Littlepage, author of CELESTIAL BODIES IN ORBIT: Memoirs of The Unknown Stripper

• Tahlia Newland August 23, 2013, 12:21 pm

Look closer, Eve. There is a page titled, True Stories. Sounds like memoirs, doesn’t it. There’s also something on that page that says, something about titles coming soon. I’m waiting for some submissions in just that area!

• Eve Littlepage August 23, 2013, 12:59 pm

Well, Gee Golly Gosh Tahlia! Thank you so much! I was going to ask your page admins to remove this post, because I hate being a whiner, and realized afterward that this is what my post sounded like. I just got frustrated because I’ve seen so many sites that seem to exclude memoirs.

I will look into your submission guidelines, and hope that my tale meets your high standards!

Sincere Thanks again for your reply, Eve

• Deborah J. Lightfoot August 23, 2013, 6:53 am

So clever! Thanks for a good laugh. Great way to start the day.

• Donna Fontenot August 23, 2013, 7:30 am

Ha! Cute quiz! Way to go, Laurie

• Bessamy August 23, 2013, 10:38 am

Awesome fun quiz! Great answers! The site is great and I believe it will be a hit! Sharing the fun on Facebook!

• Karina August 23, 2013, 11:52 am

was so tempted to click 1 on all of them lol

• M.G. King August 23, 2013, 12:24 pm

Fun! Great answers!

• William Knight August 23, 2013, 1:53 pm

Blistering bagpuss, I only got 3 out of 9..

• Tahlia Newland August 23, 2013, 9:19 pm

Bagpuss? I don’t know what that is, but it sure sounds funny.

• Stephen Goldin August 23, 2013, 3:17 pm

The quiz was funny–I just wish I could have seen more of it. When I clicked on some of the boxes, other-numbered questions came up, and some of the questions never did. Disappointing. But I enjoyed what I did see.

• Mary Maddox August 23, 2013, 4:08 pm

The quiz is hilarious. I just bought Drawing Breath — but not through this site because the link to Amazon US isn’t working on my iPad. Looking forward to reading it as soon as I have time.

• Ginger August 23, 2013, 7:17 pm

I loved this quiz. It’s very funny.

• Valeria August 23, 2013, 7:44 pm

Got everything right! So happy! Fun and witty!

• Eve Littlepage August 24, 2013, 9:30 am

This was a fun quiz! ‘Multiple Guess’ quizzes were my favorite in school, but they weren’t always this funny! :-D

• a June 22, 2014, 3:45 pm

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this
    blog loading? I’m trying to find out if its a
    problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any suggestions
    would be greatly appreciated.

• Tahlia Newland June 22, 2014, 4:50 pm

It’s because you have an Ad blocker on. Ad blockers see the links to Amazon that are coded into the images as advertisments. You’ll need to turn the ad blocker off on your browser in order to see the book covers.